Wednesday, August 29, 2012

MInty fresh breath biscuits (Ingredients)

If you're anything like me you can't stand stinky dog breath.  Sure I've done the whole brushing my bog's teeth, but that is really not as easy as it sounds.  That actually got me to thinking about those dog treats that are supposed to freshen their breath.  I thought why not make something like that at home?  After some research I found that mint is perfectly safe for dogs, and we have a very large fresh mint plant in our front yard.  Since only a couple of the dogs like the fresh mint I had to mix it with parsley  for the dogs that don't.  For some reason they like the parsley better.  Honestly if all the dogs were like my dad's I wouldn't have even needed to make these since Bear stole a mint leaf and ate it giving him very minty fresh breath. lol. I won't share the exact recipe for this one, but I will give you a list of what I used because there is nothing worse then stinky dog breath and every dog has their limit of mint they will eat.

Minty fresh dog biscuits.
Ingredients:
Fresh mint
Fresh Parsley
whole wheat flour
egg
water
oil and or grease (I find the dogs like either coconut oil or bacon grease the most)

No comments:

Post a Comment