Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Puppy-Roni Cookies (recipe)

Tried out a new recipe this week.  I do intend to post some of them eventually, and this will probably be one because I wouldn't want to make it all the time.  Actually I'm hoping to get my dog biscuits going as a business and selling them.  Of course I have to scrape together some money to get them tested and such so I can get the crude fat and such for the label.  As I doubt this will be one of the recipes I plan to use for that I'll be giving it out.


Puppy-roni cookies
Ingredients:
2 Pepperoni sticks (make sure they are not spicy I used the ones from Haggen's market street cafe)
1C   Warm Water
1     Egg
3tsp Powdered veggie mix (spinach, apple, carrot, mint, and parsley all which I've dried out and powdered)
1tsp   Bone Meal  (now I've head too much of this can be bad,but I've also heard it good for dogs so don't use more than 1tsp in one batch)
3C   Unbleached Whole Wheat Flour

Directions:
First I cut up the pepperoni sticks and soaked them in the cup of warm water until soft
Preheat oven 300®
Pull pepperoni from water and mix all ingredients except flour and pepperoni in the water.
Ground up pepperoni in food processor, or mince as well as you can with a knife and then mix in with all other ingredients.
Slowly add flour, mixing periodically.
Roll out dough onto floured surface and cut into desired shapes.
Put ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 20 to 30 minutes until biscuits are hard. 
Let cool then let puppies enjoy.         

Pictures to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment